Banns of Marriage
If you or your fiancé live in either Launton village or Bucknell and are getting married in a Church of England church elsewhere, your banns of marriage will usually need to be called in one of the Benefice churches: St Edburg’s Bicester, St Mary’s Launton, St Peter’s Bucknell, St Lawrence Caversfield or Emmanuel Church. You will be sent a letter inviting you to attend the Sunday service to hear your banns being called. We will arrange for your banns to be called and for a banns certificate to be issued.
Your banns will normally be called at the 9.15am Sunday service at St Peter’s Bucknell or the 11am Sunday Service at St Mary’s Launton on three consecutive Sundays two months before your wedding.
Please telephone the Revd Becky Mathew for Launton and Bucknell wedding enquiries on 01869 324153 or the Parish Office 01869 323375 for St Edburg’s enquiries.
You can legally be married at St Mary’s or St Peter’s if you or your fiancé live in the Bicester Team Ministry Area or you are a regular church member. You may also be married at St Peter’s, Bucknell or St Mary’s Launton if you fulfil one of the following requirements:
Marriage Measure 2008 Qualifying Connections
That one of you:
has at any time lived in the Bicester Team Ministry Area for a period of at least 6 months or
was baptised in the parish concerned or
was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
was married in the parish
If you are considering getting married and wish to learn more about having you wedding at St Mary’s Launton or St Peter’s Bucknell, please contact the Revd Becky Mathew on 01869 324153 or the Parish office on 01869 323375.
For some couples a church marriage may be not an option but we are able to undertake services of blessing for a marriage that has been registered in a civic registry office. A thanksgiving service for marriage may also be an option for those wanting to celebrate a special wedding anniversary or those who may be wishing to renew their marriage vows.
Wedding Fees 2013
The fees are currently being updated.
COUNTDOWN TO WEDDING DAY
At least six months to go…
• Contact Revd Becky to arrange a booking interview.
• Pay £50 deposit. (Until your deposit is paid your wedding date cannot be confirmed and may be taken by another couple.)
• If applicable, contact the church in other place of residency to have Banns read there.
• You will be invited to an initial planning & preparation session at the beginning of the year of your wedding.
4 months prior to wedding date
• You will be sent a letter from the Parish Office confirming who will be officiating at your wedding. Please make an appointment to see the vicar within the next few weeks to discuss the order of service. You will also be asked to attend a marriage preparation evening.
3 months prior to wedding date
• See vicar for second meeting – you will be given information about drafting your Order of Service and arrange a date for your wedding rehearsal.
2 months prior to wedding date
• Your banns will be read for the first 3 Sundays two months preceding your wedding, at either the 9.15am service at St Peter’s Bucknell or 11am at St Mary’s Launton. You are invited to hear them being read.
2 weeks prior to wedding date
• The balance of your payment to be made. Please send your cheques via the Parish Office.
The week before
• Wedding rehearsal in the church with the bridal party.
Your wedding day
• Get married – ENJOY!